from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hybrid citrus tree derived from grapefruit and tangerine, having aromatic fruit with a thin, smooth, moderately loose rind.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A citrus fruit that is a cross between a tangerine and a pomelo or a grapefruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hybrid between the tangerine orange and the grapefruit, or pomelo; also, the fruit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A class of hybrids of the tangerine orange and the grape-fruit or pomelo. At least three of these hybrids have been secured by the United States Department of Agriculture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hybrid between grapefruit and mandarin orange; cultivated especially in Florida
- n. large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin
Come splash when the moon is a tangelo and the Pisces pawn has knocked the Aries queen off the boardwalk.
He might be thinking about the well-being of his young wife, or the realities of imprisonment, or his prostate slowly growing to the size of a tangelo.
But what on earth is a tangelo – something they eat in Quebec?
Now, I zip to the Republic of Whole Foods for oh, a tangelo orange in the middle of the day (seriously) just because the store is close by, pretty to look at and fun to visit.
» Maybe Brand's not Always the Object from tangelo ideas - erniesblog
» Possibly my favorite .... from tangelo ideas - erniesblog
Catching grandma jamming a tangelo into my stocking.
Palinode: This duvet cover is less orange and more of a tangelo colour.
A tangelo or clementine brings a smile to my face and a pucker to my lips just thinking about it.
Ernie Mosteller has a riff about Southwest's home page ... an image that's all about Southwest, and not one bit about Ernie. tangelo ideas - erniesblog: November 2005.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.