from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hybrid cross of the sweet orange and the trifoliate orange.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A citrous fruit produced by a cross between the sweet orange and the trifoliate orange (Citrus trifoliata). It is more acid and has a more pronounced aroma than the orange; the tree is hardier. There are several varieties.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hybrid fruit produced by crossing the hardy trifoliolate orange (Citrus trifoliata) and the common sweet orange.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. more aromatic and acid tasting than oranges; used in beverages and marmalade
- n. more aromatic and acidic than oranges
Sorry, no etymologies found.