from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person whose ancestry is one-eighth Black.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone having one-eighth black ancestry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The offspring of a quadroon and a white person; a mestee.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The offspring of a quadroon and a white person; a person having one eighth negro blood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an offspring of a quadroon and a white parent; a person who is one-eighth black
octo- + (quad)roon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From octo- ("eight") + -roon, alteration of ending of cuarterón ("quadroon") (Wiktionary)