from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. from Batavia; Jakartan
- adj. from the ancient Germanic tribe of the Batavi, living in the region of Batavia around Nijmegen
- n. Someone from Batavia; Jakartan
- n. Someone from the tribe of the Batavi
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Batavi, an ancient Germanic tribe.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Batavia or Holland.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Batavia or Holland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the ancient Batavia, or by extension to the Netherlands or their inhabitants, the Dutch.
- Pertaining to Batavia, the chief city of the island of Java, and the capital of the Dutch possessions in the East.
- n. A native of the Netherlands; a Dutchman.
- n. A native of Batavia in Java.
Sorry, no etymologies found.