from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- See Xiamen.
- n. The variety of Chinese spoken in and around the city of Xiamen in Fujian province in southeast China.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. a city, now officially known as Xiamen, in southern China
- proper n. the Jiulong Jiang river
- proper n. The Amoy language/dialect
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province
After Amoy (Xiamen).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)