American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Slovakia.
- n. A person of Slovak descent.
- n. The Slavic language of the Slovaks.
- adj. Of or relating to Slovakia or its people, language, or culture.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Slovaks.
- n. A member of a Slavic race dwelling chiefly in northern Hungary and the adjoining part of Moravia.
- n. The language of this race: a dialect of Czechish.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Slovakia, the Slovak people or the Slovak language.
- n. A person from Slovakia or of Slovak descent.
- n. The language of Slovakia.
- n. the Slavic language spoken in Slovakia
- n. a native or inhabitant of Slovakia
- From Slovak Slovák ("Slovak"), from slovo ("word"). (Wiktionary)
- Slovak Slovák. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The 22-year-old Slovak is 2-0 in four games with the Canadiens this season, including a 35-save outing one week earlier in his first start of the season, a 5-2 win in Los Angeles.”
“(The government dropped a stipulation that church weddings be conducted in Slovak after heavy opposition from the Roman Catholic Church.)”
“· ability of program to communicate in Czech, Slovak, English, German, Polish and Hungarian”
“serf labor" in Czech, Slovak, and Polish and also carries the connotation of drudgery or hard work.”
“Despite the change in government, "We count on all members of the euro area following the decisions that have been taken and the agreements that have been subscribed" by their predecessors, Altafaj said, calling the Slovak move "quite unusual" in that regard.”
“Slovakia's three state-owned rail carriers are slated to merge into one entity in 2012, as the government on February 10 approved a legislative initiative to merge rail company ZSR, rail passenger transport company ŽSSK and rail freight company ŽSSK Cargo Slovakia into a single entity to be called Slovak Railways, the TASR newswire reported.”
“Over the Christmas break a Slovak friend of mine (Hi Martin!) asked me to build a simple book library management app for a school in the Philippines where he's been volunteering for the past year.”
“On Tuesday, March 24, during a ceremony to mark the diversion of the Nitra River as part of a mining project, Fico labelled a Slovak citizen from the village of Opatovce nad Nitrou a”
“Ellen took over and tried conversing with the driver using Slovak, which is somewhat close to Slovenian.”
“Under the Innovated Statue issued by the Ministry for the Environment, Slovak Karst is managed by the Administration of the Slovak Caves in cooperation with other national agencies namely Slovak Agency for the Environment, Slovak Speleological Society and the Slovak Museum for the Nature Protection and Caving.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Slovak’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Note: Some language editions ignore diacritical marks (ie. Romanian) while others (ie. Icelandic) include them.
Looking for tweets for Slovak.