from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a native or inhabitant of the Netherlands.
- n. A man of Dutch ancestry.
- n. Archaic A member of any of the Germanic peoples of central or northern Europe.
- n. Northern & Western U.S. A person of German ancestry.
- n. Something used to conceal faulty construction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Dutch man; a man from the Netherlands.
- n. A nickname for President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- n. A white Afrikaner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native, or one of the people, of Holland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the Dutch race; a Hollander: in the United States often locally applied to Germans, and sometimes to Scandinavians.
- n. [lowercase] A wooden block or wedge used to hide the opening in a badly made joint.
- n. The ship commanded by this captain.
- n. [lowercase] A layer of suet fastened with skewers into a roast of lean beef or mutton.
- n. [lowercase] In lumbering, a short stick placed transversely between the outer logs of a load to divert the load toward the middle and so keep the logs from falling off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Holland
Dutch + -man (Wiktionary)