from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from the independent grand duchy of Luxembourg or of Luxembourgish descent.
- n. An inhabitant of the former duchy (originally countship) of Luxemburg (originally Letzeburg)
- n. An inhabitant of the Belgian province Luxemburg (Luxembourg), which was cut from the above at the grandducal separation from the house of Orange's Dutch crown
- n. An inhabitant of the city of Luxemburg, which is/was the capital of all the above terriories
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a native or inhabitant of Luxembourg.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Luxembourg
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Every time I visited there was a fresh single red rose on his grave, placed by an anonymous admirer - perhaps a grateful Luxembourger that lived through WWII.
The Spaniard was not in William Hill's list of odds for the 2011 race, with the bookmaker favouring the Luxembourger Andy Schleck with Bradley Wiggins at 40?
Luxembourger Fränk Schleck, the brother of two-time Tour runner-up Andy, is in one of his first big outings for his new team Leopard-Trek, although the time trial is expected to handicap his victory chances.
The Luxembourger, who also chairs the eurogroup of the 17 countries in the single currency, appears convinced that the UK will eventually see the light.
The Luxembourger underestimated how much time he needed going into Saturday.
A brief flurry but the the Luxembourger sits back down, Contador bobbing up and down just inches behind.
Contador tried to shake Schleck, but the Luxembourger easily followed the sorties to retain the yellow jersey and defend his slender 31-second lead.
An untimely dropped chain cost Andy Schleck the yellow jersey at the Tour de France on Monday, as the Luxembourger gave up the race lead to Alberto Contador.
The holder of yellow jersey, and last year's runner-up, Andy Schleck, is a 25-year-old Luxembourger with sideburns who looks like the baseball pitcher
And though he won his national TT title in June, the time trial is an admitted weakness for the Luxembourger.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.