from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Sami.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A member of the nomadic people of Lapland.
- proper n. A nation of indigenous people living in Lapland of Finland, Sweden and Norway and Kola Peninsula in Russia.
- proper n. Any of the languages of the Saami.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of an indigenous nomadic people living in northern Scandinavia and herding reindeer
- n. the language of nomadic Lapps in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula
From Sami Sámi. (Wiktionary)