from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Aegean Sea.
- adj. Of or relating to the Bronze Age civilization that flourished in the area of the Aegean Sea, as at Crete.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to the Aegean Sea or the regions bordering it.
- adj. Of, or relating to the Bronze Age civilization in that region.
- proper n. The Aegean Sea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the sea, or arm of the Mediterranean sea, east of Greece. See archipelago.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name often applied to that part of the Mediterranean sea otherwise called the Archipelago.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization
- adj. of or relating to or bordering the Aegean Sea
- n. an arm of the Mediterranean between Greece and Turkey; a main trade route for the ancient civilizations of Crete and Greece and Rome and Persia
Latin Aegaeus (from Ancient Greek Αἰγαῖος (Aigaios, "Aegean")) + English -an (Wiktionary)