American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Caribbean Sea, its islands, or its Central or South American coasts or to the peoples or cultures of this region.
- adj. Of or relating to the Carib or their language or culture.
- n. A Carib.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Caribs or Caribbees, or to the Lesser Antilles, formerly inhabited by them, comprising the eastern and southern chains of the West Indies, or to the sea between the West Indies and the mainland of America. Also spelled Carribbean.
- adj. Pertaining to the sea and region of the western Atlantic bounded by South America, Central America, and the islands of the West Indies (such as Cuba and Hispaniola).
- n. The Caribbean Sea
- n. The countries that occupy the region of the western Atlantic bounded by South America, Central America, and the islands of the West Indies (such as Cuba and Hispaniola)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Caribs, to their islands (the eastern and southern West Indies), or to the sea (called the Caribbean sea) lying between those islands and Central America.
- n. region including the Caribbean Islands
- n. an arm of the Atlantic Ocean between North and South America; the origin of the Gulf stream
- From Carib or Caribe, a tribe of Amerindians, now nearly extinct, who lived in the West Indies, + the adjective suffix -an. (Wiktionary)
“CARIBBEAN AMERICAN HERITAGE CELEBRATION An all-ages event with music and Caribbean food.”
“D.C. CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL A parade and an international marketplace with bands, food and crafts celebrate Caribbean culture.”
“It's also being quite hypocritical recently in it's "all of a sudden" interest in the support of caribbean newspapers (in regards to PATI) considering that the Gazette has always purposely avoided even the idea of bermuda being considered a part of the Caribbean.”
“Tagged with at world's end, Film, movie reviews, Pirates of the caribbean review, Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End”
“Avi_SODMG When i listen to the music of my country & fellow caribbean islands there are no words to describe the feeling that over comes me incredible dirgnieinsob Tres Jolie Caribb magazine is currently looking for Caribbean based designers to showcase in the magazine.”
“(AP) andiamo nyc/caribbean ragazza: Lo Shopping: The Lion Bookshop bestcruises Travel challenge: A winter Caribbean ...”
“[Illustration: THE CARIBBEAN REGION] = American Power in the Caribbean.”
“Addresses - Water Online (press release) theroadto LATIN AMERICA/CARIBBEAN: Do our children have a chance Report on human opportunity in Latin America and the Caribbean 2010 derrycksgriffith HIV & AIDS IS A GLOBAL PANDEMIC: Make No”
“KelseyxMarie pirates of the caribbean marathon i can't say no to that:) cecollins2 Will be watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series all day:)”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Caribbean’.
dem woodz assoseeated wit da reegae mon..
( Reggae, Rastafari, Rasta, Jamaica, Zion, Haile Selassie, Africa, Caribbean )
( slang, randomness )
Words that have more than one widely accepted pronunciation
Looking for tweets for Caribbean.