from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Achaea.
- n. One of a Hellenic people believed to have inhabited the Peloponnesus and to have created the Mycenaean civilization.
- n. A Greek, especially of the Mycenaean era.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inhabitant or a resident of Achaea.
- adj. Of or relating to Achaea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Achaia in Greece; also, Grecian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Achean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of one of four linguistic divisions of the prehistoric Greeks
- n. the ancient Greek inhabitants of Achaea
- adj. of or relating to Achaea or its ancient Greek people
Latin Achaeus or Achaius, from Ancient Greek Ἀχαιός (Akhaios). (Wiktionary)