American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a logical combinatorial system treating variables, such as propositions and computer logic elements, through the operators AND, OR, NOT, and XOR: a browser that supports Boolean searches.
- adj. Of or relating to a data type or variable in a programming language that can have one of two values, true or false.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the work of George Boole.
- adj. logic, computing Pertaining to data items that can have “true” and “false” (or, equivalently, 1 and 0 respectively) as their only possible values and to operations on such values.
- n. logic, computing A variable that can hold a single true/false (1/0) value.
- adj. of or relating to a combinatorial system devised by George Boole that combines propositions with the logical operators AND and OR and IF THEN and EXCEPT and NOT
- Boole + -ean, after English mathematician, philosopher and logician George Boole (1815–1864). (Wiktionary)
- After George Boole. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“CreateInstance (RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.”
“Lately, the word Boolean has become very popular among web sourcers and recruiters.”
“His next major contribution was to establish a correspondence between Boolean algebras and certain topological spaces now called Boolean spaces (or Stone spaces).”
“These improvements have allowed users to increasingly express their queries using natural language, instead of breaking down their wants into three-word Boolean expressions.”
“Although PCMOS runs on standard silicon, it breaks with computing's past by abandoning the set of mathematical rules -- called Boolean logic -- that have thus far been used in all digital computers.”
“They're called Boolean networks because of a guy named George Boole.”
“The data type bool is also known as Boolean, and Date could be overriden by a field template Date.aspx. zzdfc:”
“Although there were no computers, the instructor had seen some and was teaching us basics, such as Boolean algebra and wired boards.”
“Adhering to the idea that commuting observables ” in particular, projections ” are simultaneously measurable, we conclude that the members of a Boolean “block” (that is, a Boolean sub-ortholattice) of”
“Determining whether a formula is satisfiable or not is called the Boolean Satisfiability Problem ” SAT for short ” and for a formula with n variables SAT can be settled thus: Inspect each of the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Boolean’.
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
nonparametric, nonparametric sta..., multivariate anal..., partial different..., multivariate, topology, stochastic, differential equa..., linear algebra, harmonic analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorial and 205 more...
Concise words to sprinkle in my prose.
For stuff to simply reside.
Looking for tweets for Boolean.