from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Crete, or Candia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the island of Crete or to its inhabitants.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the island of Crete, south of Greece, pertaining to Turkey since 1669; specifically, a member of the indigenous Grecian population of Crete. In the New Testament the form Cretians occurs (Tit. i. 12).
- n. The name of an ancient sophism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Crete
Sorry, no etymologies found.