from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Celt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See kilt, n.
- n. Cloth with the nap, generally of native black wool.
- n. A salmon after spawning.
- n. Same as celt, one of Celtic race.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Celt.
- n. A spent salmon —that is, one that has spawned.
- n. Cloth made of black and white wool mixed and not dyed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a European people who once occupied Britain and Spain and Gaul prior to Roman times
Sorry, no etymologies found.