American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The Brythonic Celts of Wales, Cornwall, and Brittany.
- n. The Welsh.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The name given to themselves by the Welsh. In its wider application the term is often applied to that division of the Celtic race which is more nearly akin with the Welsh, including also the Cornishmen and the Bretons or Armoricans, as distinguished from the Gadhelic division. Also written Cymri, Cwmry.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A collective term for the Welsh race; -- so called by themselves .
- n. a native or resident of Wales
- Welsh, pl. of Cymro, the Welsh people, Wales. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But of all Celts, the Cymry are the most changeable, the least stable.”
“The Gael evidently were there first, and left their name to the country, but the Cymry were the staple of the inhabitants when they became known to civilized nations.”
“Dw i'n meddwl bod y syniad yn un da, sef cael sticer i ddynodi eich bod chi hefyd yn siaradwyr Cymraeg (er, mae'r sticeri arwerthwyr ceir y gogledd a'r gorllewin fel Pentraeth, give away fel arfer), ond dw i ddim yn gyfforddus gyda defnydd y gair 'Cymry'.”
“It felt like that moment, years ago, when he and Cymry had gotten washed over that cliff, and fell, and fell-he was going to die like this, falling forever!”
“Cymry loomed up out of the darkness and rushed into Falconsbane.”
“Without a single word, Gwena and Cymry walked toward her; she led them off into the forest.”
“Gwena and Cymry simply kept moving as they passed through, recovering from the disorientation of Gating much more quickly than Elspeth could.”
“The dyheli had been taken off with Gwena and Cymry, but he had never shown much interest in being an envoy anyway; he had made it rather clear to Elspeth that he was there mostly to show to Valdemar that there were other intelligent races allied with the Tayledras than just humans and gryphons.”
“Panic: Chosen-touch me -: It was Cymry; he caught her presence and held her, even as he was holding Falconsbane: An'desha, Chosen.”
“Cymry started forward, through what was left of the main gates.”
‘Cymry’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Cymry.