from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Woodwork, such as doors, window casings, and baseboards, ready-made by a lumber mill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any wooden object manufactured at a lumber mill
- n. Most especially, doors, windows, and wood trim with decorative cross-section involving curves, beads, grooves, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The shafting, gearing, and other driving machinery of mills.
- n. The business of setting up or of operating mill machinery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Machinery used in mills or manufactories.
- n. The designing, construction, arrangement, and erection of machinery in mills or manufactories.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. woodwork that has been machined at a mill
Sorry, no etymologies found.