from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing traces of life; containing organic remains.
- adj. Having the form of an animal; animal-like, zoomorphic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to animals, or animal life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to animals or living beings; relating to or characterized by animal life; marked by the presence of life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to animals or animal life or action
From Greek ζωικός, from ζώιον ‘animal’. (Wiktionary)