Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or being in the northeast, or in the direction of the northeast.
- adj. of, related to, located in, or from the northeast
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to the northeast; northeasterly.
- adj. situated in or oriented toward the northeast
- adj. of a region of the United States generally including the New England states; New York; and sometimes New Jersey and Pennsylvania
“During one 90-minute stretch in northeastern Zambia, beginning at Mkushi, I did not see a single farm or village.”
“One fall, hunting the bottom of a ridge in northeastern Pennsylvania, I kicked up a woodie from a depression in the ground not much bigger than a utility sink.”
“And they found it, and a lot of it, all over the Navajo homeland in northeastern Arizona, which is where my next guest's book takes places.”
“I hunt with a hunting club in northeastern SC and last year we killed more deer than usual with your sort of problem.”
“The Von Baurs rose along the Haldenaab in northeastern Bavaria.”
“It connects Russian oil fields with Daqing, a major oil processing base in northeastern China.”
“In Canada, the Athabasca oil sands are large deposits of bitumen, or extremely heavy crude oil, located in northeastern Alberta.”
“Jackson said some of the 16 uniformed officers who came to serve the warrant were embarrassed by the event and said agents had to stop at Blackwater's front gate to get passes to come onto the company's sprawling campus in northeastern North Carolina.”
“Karamoja, in northeastern Uganda, is one of the areas worst hit by hunger.”
“KABUL - A British aid worker who was kidnapped in northeastern Afghanistan two weeks ago was killed during an attempted rescue operation by NATO troops, U.S. and British officials said Saturday.”
‘northeastern’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for northeastern.