American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several tropical and subtropical live-bearing fishes of the genus Poecilia or Mollienesia, commonly kept in aquariums.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A familiar form of feminine name
- n. [lowercase; pl. mollies (-iz).] The wagtail, a bird: as, the yellow molly (the yellow wagtail); the molly wash-dish (the pied wagtail).
- n. The mallemuck or fulmar, Fulmarus glacialis. See fulmar.
- n. In India, a gardener or one of the caste of gardeners. Also mallee.
- n. In the printers' game of jelling, a throw of quadrats which exposes only the unnicked sides; hence, any useless work with types in a composing-room.
- n. A woman or girl, especially of low status.
- n. slang An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
- n. slang A nickname or street name for pure MDMA powder.
- n. A fish of the genus Poecilia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) Same as mollemoke.
- n. A pet or colloquial name for
- n. popular aquarium fish
- From Molly, the personal name, a pet form of Mary. (Wiktionary)
- From New Latin Mollienesia, former genus name, after Comte François Nicolas Mollien (1758-1850), French politician. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Good golly miss molly, is the RNC and the GOP that scared and desperate, I'll be watching ABC for sure.”
“December 7, 2008 2: 19 AM aww im happy molly is back. .yay!!!”
“November 3, 2008 8: 20 AM awww .. molly is so pretty.”
“He must not be what brave boys called a molly-coddle: like most womanly women, she had a veneration for man, and she gave him her own high idea of the manly character.”
“The drugs involved marijuana, ecstasy pills, a powdered form of ecstasy commonly called "molly," and prescription drugs such as Xanax, hydrocodone and Oxycontin, McGee said.”
“Anyway, i have a dog, a 3year old colli lab X called molly, but i have a problem, when im in basic there will be no one to look after her, so iv had to come to the desision that im gunna have to have her rehomed, altho i realy dont want to: s i have no other options, so i come to you for advise, maby someone who is looking for a new dog or kno anyone that is, around the yorkshire area is posible .. cheers”
“Email a copy of 'molly's dry-rubbed ribs' to a friend”
“Email a copy of 'molly's apple tarte tatin' to a friend”
“a stout expanding wall anchor (known as a molly bolt) is a good alternative for securing the grab bar.”
“There was a dash of white and brown, a yell, and Don wheeled around with his head between his forepaws stung by the shot as "molly" fled streaking it over the hill followed only by the dogs.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘molly’.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
Names and Persons (including derogatory)allowed by Scrabble
Pet names that lovers have for their lover. Comment if you wish, but there is no need to explain! Note: NOT the names of their pets. Even if their pets are their lovers, and vice versa.
Words you can type with one hand--if you learned how to type formally. Hunt-and-peck method doesn't count. ;-) I'm keeping it to five or more letters to avoid an excessively lengthy list.
Looking for tweets for molly.