from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Denmark, the Danes, their language, or their culture.
- n. The North Germanic language of the Danes.
- n. A Danish pastry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The language of Denmark.
- n. A native of Denmark; a Dane.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Denmark.
Middle English, alteration (influenced by Old Norse Danr, Dane) of Denish, from Old English Denisc, from Dene, the Danes.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old English Denisc ("people of Denmark"). (Wiktionary)