American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Meal made from oats; rolled or ground oats.
- n. A porridge made from rolled or ground oats.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Meal made from oats. The grain, with the husk removed, is kiln-dried and ground.
- n. A mush or porridge prepared from oatmeal.
- n. [capitalized] One of a band of riotous profligates who infested the streets of London in the seventeenth century.
- n. Meal made from rolled or round oats
- n. A breakfast cereal made from rolled oats, cooked in milk and/or water. (porridge in UK)
- n. a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal.
- adj. Of a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Meal made of oats.
- n. (Bot.) A plant of the genus Panicum; panic grass.
- n. porridge made of rolled oats
- n. meal made from rolled or ground oats
- From Middle English otemele, from ote ("oat") + mele ("meal") (Wiktionary)
“The term oatmeal usually refers to rolled oats, made with the whole oat groat (the hulled grain) or with what's called steel-cut oats (the inner portion of the oat, cut into pieces).”
“Another note, this one handed to him by Lama Katie after the morning cleanup in the temple and the incantatory scraping of the baked-on oatmeal from the depths of the communal cook pot.”
“Our breakfast this morning was, once again, 83 cents worth of bulk-bin oatmeal with milk (lucky that we all like oatmeal, and have been in a daily rut of eating it for months) and 19 cent bananas.”
“This oatmeal is so nutritious and looks so delicious.”
“Once the flour has been incorporated, stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips.”
“Would have never thought to put coffee in oatmeal cookies … these look tender and chewy, like the perfect oatmeal cookie should be! dani Jul 26 these have made it to the top of my “to-bake” list”
“Leftover oatmeal is becoming blueberry oatcakes as we speak, though, never fear, and I am unlikely to waste away.”
“Lunch is a sandwich made with the last of the local basil and Cherokee purple tomatoes, grilled on whole-grain oatmeal bread with four cheeses and just a tiny smear of brown mustard.”
“The recipe calls for pecans, however, which I love in oatmeal but don't like as well with chocolate (weird, I realize).”
“A year and a half ago, I experimented with making a mixed grain oatmeal in my rice cooker (I would leave it out dry and John would start it before leaving in the morning so we would wake up to oatmeal), and we loved it.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘oatmeal’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
vegan food list of basic vegan food or types of vegan food you've had and liked.
( food, cuisine, eating, health, vegan, vegetarian, animal rights, anti-cruelty, no meat, herbivore, s...
List of terms for porridge dishes made from seeds, grains, legumes, etc. from around the world.
See mollusque's list More gruel?.
Things that are instant.
Vendors can get oddly creative.
being items relating to food, cooking and the kitchen.
Okay, I admit it. I made a list of words my daughter knew when she was two years old.
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
A big list of color names for use on wordrainbow.com
Looking for tweets for oatmeal.