from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Meal made from oats; rolled or ground oats.
- n. A porridge made from rolled or ground oats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Meal made from rolled or round oats
- n. A breakfast cereal made from rolled oats, cooked in milk and/or water. (porridge in UK)
- n. a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal.
- adj. Of a light greyish brown colour, like that of oatmeal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Meal made of oats.
- n. A plant of the genus Panicum; panic grass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Meal made from oats. The grain, with the husk removed, is kiln-dried and ground.
- n. A mush or porridge prepared from oatmeal.
- n. [capitalized] One of a band of riotous profligates who infested the streets of London in the seventeenth century.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. porridge made of rolled oats
- n. meal made from rolled or ground oats
From Middle English otemele, from ote ("oat") + mele ("meal") (Wiktionary)