from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small amount of food or drink.
- n. The taking of a small amount of food or drink into the mouth in order to taste it.
- v. Present participle of taste.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of perceiving or tasting by the organs of taste; the faculty or sense by which we perceive or distinguish savors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. taking a small amount into the mouth to test its quality
- n. a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
- n. a small amount (especially of food or wine)
Sorry, no etymologies found.