from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of chewing.
- n. The process of crushing as though chewed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or operation of masticating; chewing, as of food.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of chewing; the process of triturating food with the teeth; manducation.
- n. The process of tearing to pieces or kneading, as india-rubber, by means of the masticator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. biting and grinding food in your mouth so it becomes soft enough to swallow
Sorry, no etymologies found.