from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice of subsisting on a diet composed primarily or wholly of vegetables, grains, fruits, nuts, and seeds, with or without eggs and dairy products.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of following a vegetarian diet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The theory or practice of living upon vegetables and fruits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The theory and practice of living solely on vegetables.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a diet excluding all meat and fish
vegetarian + -ism (Wiktionary)