from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of laying down arms, especially the reduction or abolition of a nation's military forces and armaments.
- n. The condition of being disarmed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The reduction or the abolition of the military forces and armaments of a nation, and of its capability to wage war
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disarming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disarming; the reduction of military and naval forces from a war to a peace footing: as, a general disarmament is much to be desired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act of reducing or depriving of arms
Sorry, no etymologies found.