from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of nutrition as it relates to health. Also called sitology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of diet and nutrition in relation to health and disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of the medical or hygienic art which relates to diet or food; rules for diet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of medicine which relates to the regulation of diet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the scientific study of food preparation and intake
Sorry, no etymologies found.