from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense of choose.
- n. Law An item of personal property; a chattel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past of choose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thing; personal property.
- imp. & p. p. of choose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and old past participle of choose.
- n. In law, an article of personal property, or a personal right; a thing.
French, from Latin causa, thing, case, reason.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)