from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The supporting part of a structure; the foundation.
- n. The earth bank or bed supporting railroad tracks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The supporting part of a structure (either physical or organizational; the foundation); underbuilding.
- n. The earth or gravel that railway sleepers are embedded in.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as substruction.
- n. An under structure; a foundation; groundwork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A substruction; any under-structure; a foundation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lowest support of a structure
- n. the basic structure or features of a system or organization
Sorry, no etymologies found.