from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excessive or affected religious zeal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. excessive religious ardour or zeal
- n. extreme piety
- n. discrimination or prejudice on the basis of religion or religious beliefs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice of, or devotion to, religion.
- n. Affectation or pretense of religion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Outward practice or profession of religion.
- n. Affected religious zeal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. exaggerated or affected piety and religious zeal
- n. exaggerated religious zealotry
From religion + -ism (Wiktionary)