from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where ale is sold and served.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A business, such as an inn or tavern, where ale is sold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house where ale is retailed; hence, a tippling house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A house where ale is retailed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tavern where ale is sold
ale + house. (Wiktionary)