American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A room or building in which alcoholic beverages are sold at a bar.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room in a public house, hotel, restaurant, or other place of resort, containing a bar or counter where liquors or other refreshments are served.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A room containing a bar or counter at which liquors are sold.
- n. a commercial establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
- n. a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
“Well, another kick I got on the abvolition of the barroom is the fact that you got to stay around home so much and that naturally leads. to having”
“The main barroom of the Plantation has some beautiful decor, too - old refrigerators with glass fronts and a great bar.”
“I don't mind a good fight," Mr. May said the next day, recalling a barroom brawl he once got into in his early 20's at an Irish pub on Third Avenue.”
“To be sure, there was a small fight in the barroom, which is situated just below the dining-room, during which much speech and a little blood were spouted.”
“He called his barroom behaviour "stupid … but not malicious," and wondered how "I've gone from being on [TV] six days a week to disappearing.”
“And Lakewood, Colorado, home of a different kind of barroom brawl.”
“When his back is against the wall, Bush puffs up his chest and talks tough like he's in some kind of barroom squabble: We will fight the terrorists in Iraq.”
“Lester raised his claws and pushed open the swinging doors, and we entered the "barroom".”
“The barroom was a little stuffier at that point in the summer, the air was a little bit heavier—heavier than back in June—but it wasn’t uncomfortable.”
“On the end wall over the pantry-slides was a second "barroom" picture, representing the ladies of a harem at their bath.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘barroom’.
An add-on to Trivet's list elbow room and Lampbane's list 2BDRM W/VU that tries not to duplicate Trivet's and Lampbane's existing rooms. Virtual, allegorical and proverbial rooms accepted.
Looking for tweets for barroom.