from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A room or building in which alcoholic beverages are sold at a bar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A room where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A room containing a bar or counter at which liquors are sold.
- n. a commercial establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room in a public house, hotel, restaurant, or other place of resort, containing a bar or counter where liquors or other refreshments are served.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter
Sorry, no etymologies found.