from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of determining beforehand.
- n. Something that has been decided in advance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of previous determination; a purpose formed beforehand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of predetermining; preordination; previous determination to a given course or end.
- n. The state of being previously determined; a state wherein each act or event is dependent upon antecedent conditions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (theology) being determined in advance; especially the doctrine (usually associated with Calvin) that God has foreordained every event throughout eternity (including the final salvation of mankind)
- n. a mental determination or resolve in advance; an antecedent intention to do something
- n. the act of determining or ordaining in advance what is to take place
Sorry, no etymologies found.