from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To determine, decide, or establish in advance: "These factors predetermine to a large extent the outcome” ( Jessica Mitford).
- transitive v. To influence or sway toward an action or opinion; predispose.
- intransitive v. To determine or decide something in advance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To determine or decide in advance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To determine (something) beforehand.
- transitive v. To doom by previous decree; to foredoom.
- intransitive v. To determine beforehand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To determine beforehand; settle in purpose or counsel.
- To destine by previous decree.
- To make a determination beforehand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. determine beforehand
- v. cause to be biased
From pre- + determine. (Wiktionary)