from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To plan (something) in advance; think, consider, or contrive beforehand; prognosticate.
- v. To think about beforehand; to anticipate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To think beforehand; to anticipate in the mind; to prognosticate.
- transitive v. To contrive (something) beforehend.
- intransitive v. To contrive beforehand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To think or contrive beforehand.
- To think, consider. contrive, or contemplate beforehand.
- See forthink.
From Middle English forethynken, from Old English foreþenċan ("to premeditate, consider, be mindful"), corresponding to fore- + think. Cognate with Dutch voordenken, German vordenken ("to think ahead"). (Wiktionary)