from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of using a sled.
- n. Conditions conducive to the use of a sled.
- n. Informal A specific kind of progress toward a goal; the going: "The bill ... faces tough sledding in Congressional conference” ( New York Times).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sled.
- n. The act of sliding downhill on a sled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of transporting or riding on a sled.
- n. The state of the snow which admits of the running of sleds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The use of a sled; the act of riding or carrying on a sled.
- n. Opportunity to use a sled; state of a road which permits that use. Compare sleighing in like sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. advancing toward a goal
- n. the sport of riding on a sled or sleigh
Sorry, no etymologies found.