from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Material used for carpets.
- n. A carpet or carpets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Carpet or a piece of carpet, especially when speaking of installation or removal.
- n. Cloth or materials for carpets.
- v. Present participle of carpet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of covering with carpets.
- n. Cloth or materials for carpets; carpets, in general.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Cloth for carpets; carpets in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
Sorry, no etymologies found.