from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The laying of tiles.
- n. Tiles considered as a group.
- n. A tiled surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A covering of tiles.
- n. The act of applying tiles.
- v. Present participle of tile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A surface covered with tiles, or composed of tiles.
- n. Tiles, collectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operation of covering or roofing with tiles.
- n. An assemblage of tiles, as on a roof; tiles collectively or in general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the application of tiles to cover a surface
Sorry, no etymologies found.