from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A room used by guards on duty.
- n. A room in which military prisoners are confined.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A room used by soldiers when on guard
- n. A cell in which military prisoners are kept
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The room occupied by the guard during its term of duty; also, a room where prisoners are confined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A room for the accommodation of guards.
- n. A room where military delinquents are confined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cell in which soldiers who are prisoners are confined
- n. a room used by soldiers on guard
Sorry, no etymologies found.