from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mill for grinding grain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mill that grinds grain, especially grain brought by a farmer to be exchanged for the flour (less a percentage)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mill for grinding grain; especially, a mill for grinding grists, or portions of grain brought by different customers; a custom mill.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mill for grinding grain by the grist, or for customers. See flouring-mill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mill for grinding grain (especially the customer's own grain)
Sorry, no etymologies found.