from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lightly armored military motor vehicle having continuous tracks in the rear for power and conventional wheels in front for steering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vehicle combining both wheels and treads (caterpillar tracks).
- adj. Describing such a vehicle; half-tracked
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having caterpillar treads on the rear and wheels in front.
- n. a half-tracked vehicle; -- used mostly of armored military vehicles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motor vehicle propelled by half tracks; frequently used by the military
- n. a track that goes around only rear wheels
- adj. having caterpillar treads on the rear and wheels in front
Sorry, no etymologies found.