from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The overflow of fluid from a container.
- n. Rainfall not absorbed by soil.
- n. Eliminated waste products from manufacturing processes.
- n. An extra competition held to break a tie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That portion of precipitation or irrigation on an area which does not infiltrate or evaporate, but instead is discharged from the area.
- n. Dissolved chemicals, etc, included in such water.
- n. A second or further round of an indecisive election, after other candidates (often all but the last two) have been eliminated
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a final election to resolve an earlier election that did not produce a winner
- n. the occurrence of surplus liquid (as water) exceeding the limit or capacity
run + off (Wiktionary)