from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fast-moving stream of water that drives a mill wheel.
- n. The channel for the water that drives a mill wheel. Also called millrun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of mill race.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the canal in which water is conveyed to a mill wheel, or the current of water which drives the wheel.
- n. a channel from a millpond to a millwheel, to provide the water current that turns the millwheel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The current of water that drives a mill-wheel, or the channel in which it flows from the dam to the mill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a channel for the water current that turns a millwheel
Sorry, no etymologies found.