from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A network of criss-crossing lines, strands, cables or pipes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being reticulated, or netlike; that which is reticulated; network; an organization resembling a net.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being reticulated or netlike; that which is reticulated; a network, or an arrangement of veins, etc., resembling one.
- n. In ornithology, one of the plates or small scales the assemblage of which makes the tarsus of a bird reticulate; also, the whole set of such plates, and the state of being reticulate: distinguished from scutellation and lamination.
- n. A method of copying a painting or drawing by the help of threads stretched across a frame so as to form squares, an equal number of proportional squares being made on the canvas or paper on which the copy is to be made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (photography) the formation of a network of cracks or wrinkles in a photographic emulsion
- n. an arrangement resembling a net or network
reticule + -ation. (Wiktionary)