- n. The granting of political, social or economic power to an individual or group.
- n. The process of supporting another person or persons to discover and claim personal power.
- n. The state of being empowered (either generally, or specifically).
- n. South Africa Government programs encouraging advancement of blacks.
- n. the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
- empower + -ment (Wiktionary)
“The term empowerment is used frequently today; unfortunately, many people using the term do not really understand what it means.”
“They use tricks and gimmicks to electrify their audiences under the label empowerment, overcoming limitations and more with the promises of wealth and happiness.”
“As one of the premier buzzwords from the total quality movement, the word empowerment has been overused and sometimes misunderstood.”
“Klinsmann will use the word "empowerment" when he gathers in his first training squad before the Mexico game next week.”
“Political empowerment is the key to changing our education system for the better.”
“I believe that humanity's advances are made by individuals, and helped along by empowerment of that individual, and that most of this empowerment is in the sense of getting the hell out of their way - rogue individuals have consistently had to buck th ...”
“The first way we can help fuel women's empowerment is the most obvious: Accelerating women's leadership within our own four walls.”
“Other leaders told us that the day was in some respects an epiphany -- now they understand why women's empowerment is such a critical global issue of our day.”
“Berman's script, despite a slight lean toward preachy empowerment, is surprisingly engaging.”
“Do you think because you passed a law in Rhode Island that somehow sex worker empowerment is going to disappear?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘empowerment’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
The bang, the cannonade,
the bale, the hum.
Buzzwords of our time
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Any word or phrase considered to be a voidword or vacuism (i.e. virtually meaningless in general useage).
Entries from the corporate hall of shame. (There are many wordie versions of this list - please link to yours in the comments section - thanks!)
Interesting words that came to me in spam emails in the "From" field. Read in pairs by order added, add the initial of your choice, and you'll get a list of "names."
Words that inspire leadership
If I could burn words, I would burn these. ;P
Words that somehow make me cringe.
Looking for tweets for empowerment.