from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The granting of political, social or economic power to an individual or group.
- n. The process of supporting another person or persons to discover and claim personal power.
- n. The state of being empowered (either generally, or specifically).
- n. Government programs encouraging advancement of blacks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
empower + -ment (Wiktionary)