from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organism that lives by preying on other organisms.
- n. One that victimizes, plunders, or destroys, especially for one's own gain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any animal or other organism that hunts and kills other organisms (their prey), primarily for food
- n. someone who attacks and plunders for gain
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any animal that lives by preying on other animals
- n. someone who attacks in search of booty
Latin praedātor, pillager, from praedārī, to plunder; see predatory.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin praedātor, from praedor ("loot, pillage"), from praeda ("booty, spoils, prey"). (Wiktionary)