from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal One that is considered undesirable, obnoxious, or troublesome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pestering animal such as one that kills or harasses a farmer's livestock.
- n. A person who is obnoxious or makes trouble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an irritating or obnoxious person
- n. any usually predatory wild animal considered undesirable; e.g., coyote
Variant of vermin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ca 1530-1540s From vermin derived from Latin vermis meaning "worm", a synonym usually for vermin. (Wiktionary)