from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stupid person; a dolt.
- n. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person of borderline intelligence in the former classification of mental retardation, having of an intelligence quotient of 50-69.
- n. A person who makes uncool, unfunny, uninteresting, or irrelevant (see lame) attempts to impress others and draw attention to himself, especially in a flawed attempt to act like someone else.
- n. An idiot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mentally retarded person whose intellectual development proceeds normally up to about the eighth year of age and is then arrested so that there is little or no further development; an adult having the mental development of an 8-to-12-year old. A moron is considered capable of doing routine work under supervision.
- n. Hence, a very stupid person.
- n. An inferior olive size having a woody pulp and a large clingstone pit, growing in the mountainous and high-valley districts around the city of Moron, in Spain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of salamander.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in Argentina, to the west of Buenos Aires
- n. a person of subnormal intelligence
From Greek mōron, neuter of mōros, stupid, foolish.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek μωρός (moros, "foolish"). (Wiktionary)