from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of cross.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made or put in the shape of a cross; bearing a cross.
- Marked by a line drawn across; canceled; erased: generally with out.
- Placed or laid across or crosswise: as, crossed arms.
- Thwarted; opposed; obstructed; counteracted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. placed crosswise
- adj. (of a check) marked for deposit only as indicated by having two lines drawn across it
Sorry, no etymologies found.