from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Dispirited and depressed; dejected.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sad because of a recent disappointment.
- adj. Depressed.
- adj. Having the crest, or upper part of the neck, hanging to one side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. With hanging head; hence, dispirited; dejected; cowed.
- adj. Having the crest, or upper part of the neck, hanging to one side; -- said of a horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dejected; bowed; chagrined; dispirited; spiritless.
- In the manège, having the upper part of the neck hanging to one side: said of a horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. brought low in spirit
From crest + fallen, from the appearance of a horse and its position of head on its crest (chest) after defeat in a battle (Wiktionary)